Your search results


Some of our most common questions

Do you charge a fee?

No we have removed all tenant fees you just pay the rent/deposit.

You will generally pay an advanced rent if a student or a security deposit if a professional.

If you reserve a property and do not proceed to complete the booking, you maybe liable for a reservation charge of 1 weeks rent equivalent.

Do I need to pay a Deposit

If you are a student you can either pay a deposit of have a guarantor, as a professional 1 months deposit is usually required depending on the landlords instructions

Are all bills included?

All or student properties, bills are included. some of our professional properties also come with bills included, Contact us so we can advise

Is wireless internet provided at the house?

Yes!  We have wireless broadband available at all properties.

Do I need a television licence?

City Lets provide a flat screen television in the communal area and also pay for a licence, however  you will need to buy a separate TV licence if you use a television in your room. You will not be covered by the licence from your home address. Student bedrooms are not covered by our licence and you should be aware that the licensing authority do carry out checks. For further information, please contact TV Licensing on 0300 790 6090 or visit their website You will need to buy a TV licence if you rent a 1 bed flat or studio from us, as there is no communal area

How long are your contracts?

We offer 50 week fixed term contracts for students, starting 1st September and ending on 17th August the following year.

What do you provide in each property?

In almost all of our houses, each bedroom contains a bed, bedside table, chest of drawers and a wardrobe plus of course a desk and chair.  Lounges have leather sofas plus a flatscreen TV and other furniture as necessary.  Kitchens have an adequate number of fridge-freezers and cookers plus a washing machine and smaller white goods include a toaster, microwave, kettle etc. We also supply a vacuum cleaner. Some properties may have a dishwasher and almost all have tumble dryers too.

Do I need to insure my own possessions?

Any insurance you require for your possessions is your responsibility, but your parents may be able to extend their home insurance to cover your items.  It’s worth asking them to check.

When do I need to pay my rent?

Generally we ask you to pay termly, however we do ask that you pay September’s rent before you move in.  Once you have enrolled at the university or college and got your loan, you can then pay for the rest of the term.

How do I pay my rent?

You can pay by bank transfer, standing order, cash or credit/debit card. Details will be provided with your tenancy agreement. We don’t make any additional charges, regardless of what payment method you choose.

We are also able to set up a Visa Debit Authority to automatically take your rent when you agree.

Can I cancel my contract once I've signed it?

You have signed a legally binding contract and so you are bound by the terms and you need to continue paying the rent, even if you choose not to live in the house, however if you find someone to replace you, who then pays the rent, and we are happy with that person, then we may release you, subject to all paperwork completed. If you opt for us to help at all- via advertising, viewings or move ins, we offer a £50 and £250 optional services. Please see document for further information – Ending Your Tenancy Early

Can I keep a pet?

Unfortunately no.  Even small pets can encourage vermin and other unwanted visitors and so please do not bring a pet with you.

What do you do about maintenance?

We have a dedicated, employed team, that respond very quickly to all maintenance issues.

We ask for as much detail as possible, ideally a video or pictures,

Then email across to

What do I need to bring with me?

We suggest that you bring:

  • a mattress protector (essential)
  • a duvet & duvet covers
  • pillows & pillow cases
  • bed sheets
  • towels
  • waste bin for your room
  • an iron
  • pots and pans
  • cutlery
  • plates
  • cups
  • dishes
  • cooking dishes
  • cooking tools such graters & colanders
  • tea towels
  • First aid items (plasters, painkillers etc)
  • Cleaning materials – remember you must clean your room & all shared areas.

Compare Listings